Title: Kyoushuu

Meaning: Nostalgia
Pairing: Kyo/Shinya
Type: Romance, angst
Rating: PG-17

~*~*~*~*~

"Mo deyo!" The outburst was accompanied by an angry glare, which was quickly forgotten as a pair of succulent lips curled into a pout, drawing everyone's attention for miles. Kyo blinked slowly, reminding himself not to stare as he tore his gaze from his bandmate and turned away, back to the doodles he had started to draw on his napkin.
"What's the matter, Shin-chan?" Die crooned, wrapping an arm around the drummer's shoulder, drawing him in to pet his hair gently. Shinya cringed, sitting still as a rock, hoping the drunken redhead would leave him alone if he stayed perfectly still.
"C'mon Shinya, have a drink!" Toshiya offered with a laugh, picking up his bottle of beer and shoving it front of the tortured drummer. Die laughed, shoving the bottle back, his hand slipping from Shinya's shoulder to his neck, holding on tightly.
"Shinya doesn't drink beer. Too bitter and strong for this little guy." Die laughed again, his chuckling mingling with Toshiya's. Shinya was forced to nod, hating the way that Die's hand was clamped down around his neck.
Kaoru returned to the table, balancing a few more beers in his hands. He shoved one bottle in front of each band member with a grin, taking a swig of his own. Die grabbed his, downing it without even pausing for a breath. He shoved a bottle in front of Shinya, grinning.
"Drink Shin-chan!" He chorused, waving the bottle under the drummer's nose. Shinya cringed again, wondering how long it would take to cut off his nose once the five of them got home. The bottle was shoved up against his lips and Die leaned closer, his hand tightening on the back of Shinya's neck.
"C'mon. Drink it." He murmured, his voice low and gentle, something any other foolish person would fall for. Shinya knew better.
"I don't want it." He replied, wincing when the hand tightened on his neck again, to the point where bruises were sure to form.
"Drink it." Die ground out, shoving the bottle into Shinya's hands. The drummer was forced to comply, reminding himself to try not to actually taste the bitter liquid. He downed the bottle as quickly as he could, dropping it on the ground when he was done, shivering with disgust. There was laughter all around the table and Shinya's face turned red, he glanced to the ground and reminded himself that he shouldn't ever show his humiliation.
"Kao-kun! You said there were some ladies down there?" Toshiya perked up as the laughter died down. He was leaning over the balcony, as the five of them had taken a booth up at the second level of the club, where the drinking and people viewing took place. The bottom half of the club was filled with writhing bodies, dancing and twisting, moving to the music that thrummed through the club.
"Yeah . . . let's go!" the guitarist grabbed his drink and stood, almost giddily bounding into the crowd, aiming to find some ladies to dance with. Toshiya followed him, and Die shoved Shinya from his seat, aiming on following the group.
"Aren't you coming with?" he asked Shinya, frowning at him. Shinya flushed, shaking his head gently. He knew that if he were to go down there, he would end up dancing with a group of old perverts, instead of the ladies that the others would be dancing with. Not that he really wanted to dance with any women in the first place, but it was still a good excuse.
"No, I'm going to stay up here with Kyo." Shinya responded, getting a faint, rather drunken glare from Die.
"C'mon Shin, come with us." His voice was low, signaling that Shinya better agree to go with. The drummer looked up nervously.
"Well, what about Kyo? Won't he get lonely up here by himself?" Shinya asked softly, wondering if there were any other excuses he could come up with. Die glanced to the vocalist, who looked up warily, then back down, going back to doodling on the table. He had run out of room on his napkin.
"He doesn't even know where he is, he's so drunk. C'mon Shin." Die reached out, grabbing Shinya's wrist, yanking the desperate drummer to his feet. The redhead disappeared into the crowd, literally dragging Shinya behind him. The drummer cast one last glance at the band's vocalist, locking eyes with him before he disappeared behind the moving crowd.
Kyo stared at his drawings, tilting his head to the side and analyzing them. He hadn't really paid attention to what he was drawing, being more curious in the conversation that had unfolded at the table. Now he was all alone, staring balefully at the table covered in what appeared to be chicken scratch. The vocalist's eyebrows furrowed and he rolled his tongue around in his mouth, feeling his piercings, something he did as a nervous habit. Kyo tilted his head in the opposite direction, seeing the pictures on the table shift, both from his imagination and from the alcohol he had consumed earlier. The drawings now made sense, showing sadness and hatred, anger and betrayal. There was a person in the picture he had scribbled, someone that unconsciously looked like Shinya.
Kyo's lips turned into a frown and he watched the pictures change again, before he finally leaned back, looking up at the ceiling and deciding he had drunk too much for the night. Which wasn't exactly true, it seemed as if even Shinya had downed more alcohol than Kyo for that night. Even though, the vocalist felt tired and worn out, he checked his watch, frowning and wondering if he should go home. He would hate to leave his bandmates behind, but then again, it didn't really seem like they cared all that much for him at the moment.
Kyo stood, looking around for an exit warily. The club went silent and the microphone on the stage popped, the band that had been playing before broke into a fit of bewilderment. There was laughter and then screams and shouts of joy, and Kyo frowned, knowing what was coming up next.
"Oi! Kyo, the greatest singer in the world! Give us a whistle!" Toshiya's drunken voice blared about the club and Kyo raised an eyebrow, walking back to the booth and leaning over the balcony. He was met by cheers and compliments from below, where hundreds of people clapped and waved at him, begging him to sing. The rest of his bandmates had already ushered the other band from the stage and Shinya looked up at Kyo desperately, hidden behind a drum set. A guitar broke through the silence and Die grinned, plucking a few of the strings again, watching as the club went wild. Kyo sighed, turning and looking toward the exit. He knew he couldn't back down now.

"Ai yori haruka ni omoi, uragiri no naka de kimi wa, yurameku koto mo naku..." Kyo's voice rang about the club and he drew back from the microphone, catching his breath. He ran a hand through his hair, waving to the people on the stage before retreating back toward the drumset carefully. Die played out a few more riffs, driving the crowd wild as he grinned insanely, holding the guitar up and slamming it on the ground. Kaoru looked over in surprise, before he started laughing, amazed that the guitar wouldn't break so easily. It wasn't long before Toshiya joined in, helping tear apart the drumset with a wild glare in his eye.
"C'mon." Kyo grabbed Shinya before Toshiya could swing his guitar into the drumset. The drummer looked to him, startled and surprised. Kyo only tugged on him, shoving him out the back door. The vocalist followed a moment later, the door closing with a heavy thump behind them.
"What are you--?" Shinya blinked, not knowing what else to say as Kyo grabbed him, dragging him down the hall.
"I'm sick of it." The vocalist replied simply, walking briskly down the hall, turning a corner and opening a door to the outside world. He skittered down the steps and the two got through the parking lot without another sound. Kyo walked up to his car, fumbling for his keys as he opened the door, holding it open for Shinya.
"Get in." he muttered, knowing he was frightening the drummer.
"Shouldn't I drive? Aren't you a little too drunk?" Shinya asked carefully, not knowing what sort of a mood Kyo was in.
"I didn't drink anything tonight. Get in." the vocalist growled, watching Shinya hesitate again.
"Are you sure? Maybe I should drive anyway…" Shinya murmured, doubting the fact that Kyo didn't drink.
"Get in." Kyo's voice reached a peak and Shinya scrambled in the car without another word, having found out that Kyo's mood for the night was simply irritable. The vocalist got in the car a second later, starting the engine and backing out of his parking space, swerving onto the road and flooring it, speeding down the road.

"Why am I here?" Shinya asked softly, raising an eyebrow at the door in front of them as Kyo fumbled for his apartment keys.
"Because if I took you home, Die would be there." He replied with a growl, trying to find the right key.
"So?" Shinya asked bluntly, realizing all his band members knew that he lived with Die. Which was no problem, since Toshiya lived with Kaoru. Kyo was the only one that preferred to live alone.
"With a woman." Kyo added, wondering exactly how naďve Shinya was. The drummer's heart sank and he glanced to the floor.
"Oh." He murmured softly, barely audible. Kyo glanced to him, before frowning, baring his teeth at the door in attempt to get it open. He finally managed to get the door open, walking in and then closing it right behind Shinya with a slam, causing the drummer to jump slightly. Kyo kicked off his shoes, storming into the kitchen and digging through the icebox. He turned, throwing what a bag at Shinya. The drummer stepped to the side, watching it land at his feet. He bent, picking up the bag of ice and frowning at it, tilting his head to the side.
"What's this for?" Shinya asked, frowning at the ice pack. His fingers were getting numb.
"For your neck." Kyo replied, fishing through the refrigerator this time, finding a box of some oyakodon and gyudon, tossing it on the counter and wondering if there was anything else edible in the house.
"There's nothing wrong with my neck." Shinya replied, taking off his shoes and hanging his coat on the hook, hoping Kyo wouldn't mind.
"Don't bullshit me, I saw what he did to you." Kyo snapped, his eyes focusing on Shinya like heat-seeking missiles, glaring at the drummer. Shinya looked utterly shocked, before he glanced quickly to the floor, frozen in his place by the door. Kyo sighed audibly, knowing he shouldn’t be angry at Shinya, the drummer wasn't the one to blame. The drummer quietly pulled his hair from his back, touching the ice pack to the faint bruises on the back of his neck, reminding himself the entire time not to show his humiliation.
"Here, sit." Kyo pointed at the couch, disappearing into the bathroom for a moment. The microwave beeped, signaling that whatever Kyo had put into was now thoroughly cooked. The vocalist appeared from the bathroom a moment later, carrying a small towel and a bottle of some sort of cream. Shinya was sitting on the couch, careful not to move, afraid to touch anything and everything.
"Does he do it to you a lot?" Kyo asked softly, sitting down next to his bandmate. He leaned forward, turning Shinya's head away and putting the ice pack on the nearby coffee table. Shinya frowned, wondering if he should answer or not.
"No." he finally replied, unsure of what to say.
"That's a lie." Kyo replied, creating an awkward silence. Shinya's eyes focused on the wood floor, picking out the tiny little details in the floor. He was surprised when he heard a ripping sound, and the drummer whirled, crying out in surprise. Kyo had ripped the back collar of his shirt clean off, exposing the bruises on Shinya's neck. The drummer opened his mouth to protest, but Kyo's glare cut him off. He reluctantly turned, sitting quietly. Kyo's fingers gently touched his neck, causing Shinya to breath in sharply, wincing.
"Why does he do it." Kyo murmured, more to himself than to Shinya.
"I don't know." The drummer replied, his pain quickly diminishing against the vocalist's skilled fingers, as Kyo gently massaged the ointment into his skin, trying to soothe his pain.
Kyo pulled back, his fingers gently brushing Shinya's skin, the drummer turned to thank him, but found himself nose to nose with his bandmate instead. Shinya's eyes went wide as Kyo leaned closer, his breath hitting the drummer's lips, his eyes hungrily devouring Shinya's own.
There was utter silence, not a sound went throughout the apartment as the two just sat, literally nose to nose, and just watched each other. It seemed as if the whole world had stopped to hold their breath, just for that one instant in time. Shinya had never felt more aware of his bandmate.
"Can I kiss you with those?" Shinya asked suddenly, his eyes darting downward to nervously analyze the various piercings that poked out from Kyo's lips. The vocalist's gaze never broke, he just nodded quietly, leaning even closer. Shinya's statement had caught him off guard, but he wasn't one to show it.
"Will it hurt?" Shinya's voice was barely a whisper and he locked eyes with Kyo again, watching as the vocalist shook his head carefully. Their lips met an instant later, gently and hesitantly, for once Shinya had initiated something. He closed his eyes carefully, nervously putting his hands up, his fingers brushing Kyo's cheeks and then pulling away just as quickly. Shinya pulled back, his dark eyes opening as he looked at Kyo, utterly surprised he had dared to kiss the vocalist. Kyo leaned forward, his lips pressing against Shinya's, pulling him closer, his hands traveling up the drummer's chest.
Shinya melted into the touch, grabbing Kyo's shirt, tugging him closer, his entire body brushing against the vocalists. The kiss was exotic and sweet, the gentle taste of cigarette smoke and alcohol mingled as the two depended their kiss, exploring each other's mouths.
Shinya pulled back, panting for breath as he tilted his head back, trying desperately to contain a small moan as Kyo's lips continued their work, trailing down the drummer's neck. He tore at Shinya's shirt, breaking the fabric and shoving it off the drummer's body. He sat back, surveying his bandmate's pale skin before he leaned forward, kissing him on the lips again, finding himself forgetting everything as Shinya kissed him back, his thin fingers winding into Kyo's hair.

Kyo rolled over, burying his face in the pillow and trying to ignore the pounding on his door. He finally sat up, growling as he turned and looked at Shinya, who was curled up and sound asleep. He pulled his pants onto his body, frowning as he yawned, rubbing his eyes sleepily. He walked past the kitchen, digging out a pack of cigarettes and his lighter.
"Hold on!" he shouted, growling as he walked to the door. He unbolted the locks and flung the door open, glaring at his three remaining band members, who all looked rather disheveled. He lit his cigarette, tilting his head to the side.
"What?" He demanded, frowning.
"Did Shinya come here? He left last night and we don't know where he went." Die was the first one to speak, leaning in the door and looking around a bit. Kyo wrinkled his nose, smelling some random woman's perfume on the redhead, who brushed a hand through his hair and grinned at the smell of Kyo's cigarettes. The guitarist reached out, grabbing a cancer stick and Kyo's lighter as well, lighting the cigarette and inhaling deeply. He grinned again and then exhaled a smoke ring into the air, before he looked back to Kyo.
"Well, he here or not?" Die asked blankly, obviously less concerned than the rest of his team. Kyo's eyes narrowed and his body moved without him realizing it. His fist flew forward and his rage exploded in a small ball of angry Japanese singer.
Die stumbled backwards, hitting the opposite wall and dropping his cigarette, his hands flying to his nose, where a thin trail of blood had already begun to stain his skin. Die just stared in surprise at the vocalist, who cracked his knuckles, sending another hateful look at the guitarist and then turning, slamming the door in their faces. He put his cigarette out on the counter, stumbling back to bed and nearly passing out before he even touched the mattress. Shinya stirred, rolling over and gently brushing Kyo's cheeks with his pale hands.
The drummer leaned forward, kissing Kyo gently, pulling back a moment later and tilting his head to the side. He wrinkled his nose, frowning.
"You taste like cigarettes." He commented to the sleepy vocalist.
"Mmm hmm." Kyo responded, having fallen asleep a long time ago. His lips tingled faintly from the kiss Shinya had given him, but he didn't really care to notice at the moment. Shinya smiled faintly, curling up next to the vocalist and deciding he could risk sleeping for the entire weekend. The drummer stretched out, his body enlaced with Kyo's as he fell asleep, content to be next to the fiery vocalist. So it hadn't been a perfect week, but at least some good had come out of it.

"What the hell did he do that for?" Die muttered, nursing his nose, tilting his head back to stop the flow of blood. Toshiya was giggling at the predicament, brushing his hair with his hands nervously.
"Well, this is Kyo we're talking about." The bassist replied, smiling happily. Toshiya had forgotten all about the night before and even that morning, when he had woken up with a terrible hangover.
"Maybe you should have asked to take a cigarette first..." Kaoru murmured, trailing off in thought as he escorted Die down the hall, the three bandmates were oblivious to the other two that were now soundly asleep in each other's arms.

Note: 'mo deyo' = let's get out of here
Song that Kyo was singing = Yurameki