Title: [KR] Cube
(The Whole Story)

Pairing(s): ToshiyaxShinya; KaoruxTohru; KyoxToshiya
Rating: NC-17
Notes: Based on Dir en grey's video "[KR] Cube"

~*~*~*~*~

Prologue

The needle slid smoothly into his vein; it was such a familiar sensation and a motion that had been done so many times before that it was as easy as breathing. He took a deep breath, a pleased half-smile playing on his lips, and pressed his face into the neck of the provocatively dressed man next to him, biting it roughly.
“Toshiya ...” he breathed in his ear, “you look good enough to eat ...”
Toshiya, dressed in leather and fishnets, smiled coyly. “Feel free, Kyo-san ...”
Kyo's full lips caught on Toshiya’s spiked dog collar as he sucked on his neck. His hand grasped Toshiya’s chest possessively, rubbing the leather against his skin. His mouth found its way to Toshiya’s chin, and kissed it. On Kyo’s other side was another whore- a man in red leather, his head shaved- and there were more crowded in the club’s VIP room, those who were in good favor enjoying a share of Kyo’s drugs, the others wishing they were.
As they talked and moved to the music that pounded in their guts, Kyo’s and Toshiya’s tongues met and swirled against each other like two wet bodies having sex in time to the driving beat. They continued as the others glanced at them, and looked away disinterestedly.

In his semi-soundproof booth on the other side of the club, the DJ whispered into the microphone, his mouth, with the same pouty lips as Kyo, brushing against it. Smoke drifted out of his open mouth as he spoke.

Kururi Furari Fuwari Kurari
Kururi Furari Fuwari Kurakurari

He turned to the video screen on the walls; he was the owner of the club as well and it wouldn’t do to leave security up to only hired help. He flicked the dial that changed which camera he would see on screen, first checking his twin brother in the VIP room, then the bar where his head bartender and right-hand man was passing a note, disguised as the napkin under a drink, to a beautiful androgynous creature in a dress slit all the way up to his (her?) thigh. His people were in place.
And unbeknownst to the other pieces of the puzzle, a man with dark glasses and flaming red hair had just slipped by the security cameras.

Part 1

The man made one final thrust and came with a shudder, his weight collapsing on top of the small boy-hooker below him. After a moment, the boy-a man, really, though he had boyish looks-pulled himself out from underneath the man's body, which was slick with sweat.
The whore had a thin frame and a delicate, girlish face. His hair was straight in the front, with longer waves in back. His hands were long and elegant as he dressed.
As he pulled his fishnet stockings up, the hooker stuck out his pretty hand for payment, which after a momentary look of contempt, the man handed over. Now dressed in his leather miniskirt and too-tight shirt, the hooker stepped out of the dirty love hotel into the night, stood in the light of a streetlamp, and looked around anxiously. Where is Toshiya? I told him where I was going to be. He said he would meet me here and we could go home together ...
After several minutes' deliberation, he heard a call from down the street. "Shinya!"
Shinya turned sharply, looking around for a moment before he spotted a boy with dark hair styled so it covered his eye coming down the street at a jog. He was wearing leather pants, spiked dog collars, and platform shoes that were thudding loudly against the sidewalk. He started speaking before he even stopped walking. "I'm really sorry, Shinya, I tried to be here on time, but I got held up ... I'm really really sorry ... It was this customer, he just kept-"
Shinya smiled at him. "It's alright, I understand," he said in a voice that was surprisingly deep. He took Toshiya's arm and silenced him with a kiss. "Let's go home ... No, shit, I can't yet, I have to see Kyo first."
Toshiya grimaced. "Can't it wait until tomorrow?"
"No" replied Shinya ruefully. "It's already waited to long, you know how he is ..."
Toshiya nodded without a word and the two walked together, and as they walked into an area full of nightclubs and bars the streets got more populated, but still nowhere near the hustle of the city during the day. The place they were looking for was a fairly nice apartment building, once that even had a security guard at the front door. The guard recognized them and let them in without a challenge. They took the elevator up to the 3rd floor, and stepped out into the carpeted hallway, which their heels sunk into as they walked.
The door was opened by a bald-headed hooker. "Oh," he said, "Kyo's been waiting for you."
The many scents in the air betrayed exactly what Kyo had been doing while he waited, and the whole apartment was wreathed in a sort of haze. Toshiya and Shinya entered the room to see the small but muscled man lying on his back on the sofa, staring up at a very specific corner of the ceiling, his pants unbuttoned and his shirt completely open to reveal a smooth, well shaped chest, a six-pack stomach, and just the hint of hair traveling down under his belly button. Other lumps of human flesh were also lying here and there on the floor.
While Toshiya waited by the door, Shinya strode up to Kyo and dropped a few bills on his chest, hoping he was in too much of a drug daze to even notice they were there. "Here. That's what I owe you."
Kyo looked at Shinya blankly and slowly sat up. Shinya turned to leave, when suddenly his shoulder was grabbed from behind and he was spun violently around.
"You're late again, you useless slut," growled Kyo in a voice that was sticky with drugs. He hit Shinya hard on the cheekbone, and he fell, tripping over his high-heeled shoes. Kyo stood over him. "Have you lost your fucking respect for me? Forgetting who feeds, houses, and clothes you, you shit-faced little bitch? Without me you'd be on the street and the thanks I get is this sad fucking excuse for a payment, and delivered late too."
"I couldn't get it sooner! I haven't had enough work-"
"Shove your excuses up your tight little ass like a good whore. Get the fuck out of here, and come back next time with more money and a fucking apology."
He collapsed back onto the sofa and took a drink from the half-empty bottle of Japanese beer on the floor. Shinya and Toshiya took the opportunity to get out of there. Neither spoke until they got out of the building, then Toshiya turned to Shinya, who was nursing the developing bruise on his cheekbone with an angry look. "I don't know why he treats you like such shit."
"It's not just me," Shinya replied, "It's everyone who works for him ... though he does like to play favorites and give some people the fucking honor to be able to hang on his arm and share his needles. ... Just the people that lick the shit off his shoes."
Toshiya hesitated. He had never been much in or out of favor, more like someone unnoticeably standing in the background. To be one of the favorites was a prestigious position that anyone would wish for wholeheartedly. "Well, yeah... I suppose he sees it as a matter of loyalty and of who brings in the most money."
Shinya was quiet. After a while, he took Toshiya's hand in his own and they walked like that the rest of the way to the apartment they shared. Inside was small and a little shabby, but organized and clean.
"Are you hungry?" Toshiya asked, "I'll make something quick if you are." Both were undressing as they spoke, and both changed into bathrobes, Shinya's dark transparent purple with fluff around the neck and wrists, and Toshiya's blue silk.
"No, I'm not hungry. I'm pretty sleepy." Shinya said quietly. He pulled out their two futons and rolled them out on the floor. The apartment would never have been able to fit a big western-style bed. He sat down on the futons, and Toshiya joined him and laid kisses on first his bruised cheek, then his soft lips.
Shinya kissed him back, his hand moving to comb through Toshiya's hair and scratch the back of his neck softly. They fell back together, Toshiya on top of Shinya, supporting his weight with his elbows. His hand slid inside Shinya's robe as they continued to kiss, their movements slow and deliberate.
Toshiya untied the sash around Shinya's robe at the same time Shinya did the same for him. Toshiya tossed his to the side, but Shinya continued to lay with his arms in the sleeves, presenting a pretty picture from Toshiya's overhead viewpoint. Toshiya pressed down against Shinya, leaving love bites on his delicate neck and stroking his soft skin. Shinya moaned quietly and reached down to Toshiya's erection.
They didn’t sleep until very late.

~*~

The smell of breakfast cooking in the small apartment woke Shinya the next morning. He sat up, stretched and yawned, and pulled his robe on. Not bothering to roll up the futons, he wandered over to the kitchen unit where Toshiya was making them breakfast.
Shinya checked the rice cooker and gave Toshiya a kiss. As they ate, Shinya spoke up suddenly. "I decided something very important last night."
Toshiya looked up. "What?"
Shinya was quiet for a long moment. "I think we should run away," he said in a small voice when he finally spoke.
Toshiya was shocked. "Run away? Are you crazy?" he asked, aghast. "Kyo has got men all over this fucking city. If we run, we'll be caught in no time and it'll be fucking hell to pay!"
"I know," replied Shinya, "But ... I just can't stay like this! I hate him so much! I can't bear living like this another day. I'd rather be on the run!"
Toshiya shook his head. "You say that now, but what about when you're penniless and hungry, and afraid that down every corner you're going to see one of his men, come to take you back? Then you'll want to be back here."
"But-"
"But nothing! Wouldn't it be better to stay and try to get on his good side than run and know that from now on your life will be hell?"
Shinya glared down at the floor, misty-eyed. "My life is hell now."
Toshiya reached over and held Shinya's shoulder reassuringly. "Just wait. Wait for me to think of something. Don't be rash."
Shinya nodded and sighed.

~*~

Several weeks passed as uneventfully as can be expected, considering the living situation of the two men. Since the morning when Shinya had mentioned running, neither of the two had spoken about the idea. Shinya was getting frustrated, as it seemed to him that every time he tried to mention it, Toshiya would quickly change the subject. Just the other day, they had had a very long conversation about household cleaning products because of this.
He must be scared, thought Shinya to himself, and I can't blame him, though I really wish he would help me ... I'm afraid I can't do this alone.
But even more time passed and Toshiya still refused to acknowledge Shinya's plan.
Finally, one night when he should have been out working, Shinya packed a small bag with a few changes of clothing and money that he had been saving for emergencies, which wasn't very much. He wished he could bring something of Toshiya's, but he had to travel as light as possible. Eventually he decided to bring Toshiya's glove, which he slid onto his hand and kissed tenderly.
Before leaving he left a note:

Toshiya-
I'm sorry to leave without telling you, but I just can't bear to stay one more day. I'm going to go to another city, Tokyo maybe, though I'll have to hide out around here for a couple days and try to make a little more money. I'm not asking you to put yourself in harm's way, but try to keep Kyo off my tail for the time being. I'll try to come back for you, or arrange for you to come to me. I love you.
-Shinya

~*~*~*~*~

To Be Continued ...